If you are using an email client application (i.e. Outlook, Entourage, etc) clicking on one of the teacher names under the Course title will allow you to send an email directly to the teacher. Please do not modify the subject line that is automatically entered onto the mail message. The subject line will help ensure that the message is identified as a parent contact to our staff within our email system.
If you are using a web-based email such as Yahoo or Hotmail, note the email address when you move your mouse over the name and send email through your web email. Depending on which web browser you are using it may appear in the lower left corner of the window when you hover your mouse over the teacher's name. If you use the subject line "Glenbard Parent Contact," the message will be identified more easily by our staff members.
Additional Information About Corresponding with Teachers
When a concern arises about attendance or a grade that appears in PowerSchool we ask that you follow these steps:
1. Talk with your child first. Ask them about their grade(s) or attendance before contacting the school.
2. Review the course grading philosophy/system of the teacher. This may answer the question of why the student has received the grade or explain how the assignments add up to the current average.
3. Check to see if there is an assignment description. In the Class Score Detail page if the assignment is listed in blue, you can click on the link for more detailed information. This may help to clarify what was involved or expected for a particular assignment.
4. Check the date of the assignment. An assignment handed in late may receive deductions from its score.
5. Realizing that no system is perfect, if a discrepancy is found please send one email to the attention of the teacher. We are all working together to achieve the highest level of consistency and accuracy possible. Please be patient as the Glenbard School District continues with developing this program to be the best it can be.