Receive Mail Rules tell FirstClass how to handle your incoming mail, based on parameters you set up.
To create a new Receive Rule:
1. Open your Preferences, go to the Messaging tab, the Mail Rules tab, and click the Mailbox rules button (see above).
2. Click the New Receive Rule button.
3. Enter a logical name for your recieve rule, and make sure the Enabled box is checked if you want the rule to work.
4. In the If: area, choose your settings.
The first setting will allow you to select from a dropdown.
Selecting different choices from this dropdown will affect the choices available in the next dropdown menu.
The choices in the second dropdown area wlll affect what options are presented in the third dropdown/text entry area:
Example of completed If: area:
5. In the Then: area, choose the action you want FirstClass to take and fill out all information in that area.
If you want FirstClass to file mail in folders, you MUST create the folder before you create the rule, and you MUST type in the exact name of the folder.
6. Save the rule.
7. Your rule will show up in the Mailbox Rules area.