You can attach many types of files to your mail messages, including pictures, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, PDFs, and more. You can also receive attachments.
To download an attached file from a mail message:
1. When you receive an attachment on a mail message, a small blue paperclip icon will appear next to the message in your mailbox. It will also display the size of the attachment.
2. Open the mail message and locate the attachment.
The attachment will always appear below the TO: field. If you don't see it, drag the bar above the message body DOWN.
3. DO NOT DOUBLE-CLICK the attachment if you want to save it. Double-clicking will OPEN the attachment, but on Glenbard computers, it will be saved into a temporary folder that is not easily accessed. If it is an Office document, it will be opened as a Read-Only file.
4. To SAVE the attachment, either drag it to the desktop or appropriate folder on your computer
Right-click (PC) or Control-click (Mac) and choose Save Attachment... and browse to the folder where you want to save the file.
4. A status window will appear indicating the percentage of the file downloaded. When it's done, the status will read Completed and the window will disappear.